Our first Mental Health and Wellbeing conference is on Tuesday 5th February 2019 at Camden CLC. Free tickets are now available for LGfL/Trustnet schools for all interested in promoting Mental Health and Wellbeing in schools.
The day will consist of a series of Keynotes and workshops all designed to give staff strategies and hear first hand from schools who have promoted Mental health and Wellbeing within their schools, working with staff, pupils and parents, it will also give staff a chance to network with other professionals across London.
- Ben Commins, Head Teacher from Queen’s Park Primary school who will be looking at Our Frame of Reference – Why Mental Health is important in schools
- Abigail Mann is a Secondary English teacher and the author of Live Well, Teach Well: A practical approach to Wellbeing that works. Abbie will be issuing staff with a call to action – if not us then who?
- Meic Griffiths, Meic is an Executive HeadTeacher in London and in his keynote entitled “Unleash your Inner Super Hero” he will take us on a whistle stop tour in which you will learn how to unleash your inner super hero happiness with a mixture of wand therapy, fiddling frenzy, mental health resetting as well as the possibility of meeting Maria Von Trapp!
Delegates will also get the chance to choose four workshops some of the titles are highlighted below:
- Resources from LGfL to support Mental Health and Wellbeing in schools’ with LGfL resource consultant Dawn Hallybone
- Transitions – wellbeing and sustainable change with Stella Wilson – Queen’s Park Primary School
- Exclusion, ‘self harm bullying’ and the power of the online world to drive positive and negative mental health with Mark Bentley LGfL DigiSafe
- Is there a role for technology in talking therapies with John Galloway Tower Hamlets
- iMHARS (Islington Mental Health and resilience in schools) for a whole school approach to Mental Health with Lil Fahey Islington Council
There will also be opportunities in the break and lunch sessions for delegates to network with the presenters as well as selected stands including from Charlie Waller Memorial Trust, Striker boy and EduKit.
You can book your tickets here, you will also be able to choose your workshop sessions.
We look forward to seeing you on the 5th February! #BeWell