The holidays are drawing to a close, and we all have to face putting down the Ferrero Rocher and getting ourselves ready to go back to school. Did you know that by the end of this week, more than 60% of people will have already given up on their New Year’s resolutions? We know how hard it can be to keep those resolutions up so at LGfL HQ we have come up with simple easy to keep resolutions that will help you start the New Year in a positive way and help you get the most out of the amazing content and support that LGfL can provide.
- Sign up to our newsletters: Every month we send out an email update to everyone who has signed up to hear about new events and online learning resources, updates to education legislation, or news on how we can help keep your students safe and learn more with LGfL. We have 3 different newsletters LGfL, DSLs and online safety leads and SEND.
- Read and subscribe to our Curriculum blog: Our blog is updated weekly and offers a mix of topical pieces relating to how best to use LGfL content within your school setting and if you subscribe you get the latest post sent to straight to you.
- Put this date in your diary: 23th – 26th January 2018 We are looking forward to Bett in January 2019. The whole LGfL team will be there on stand D260 so please come along and say hi and find out more about how we can support you in school. You can sign up to visit Bett here.
- Read and subscribe to our Curriculum blog to our Let’s Get Digital Blog:The new Let’s get Digital Blog series is designed to support schools in their journey to using cloud based tools and applications to energise the curriculum and boost productivity. Additionally it’s the place where you can keep up to date on all the latest features of G-Suite and Office 365, including case studies.
- Check out our training hub: Our LGfL Training Hub offers CPD at its best, offering a unique range of courses, we have updated our training portal ready for the Spring term. Training is FREE for all LGfL teachers and is held on a Tuesday at Camden CLC, or at one of our partner venues, you can find out more about the courses on offer and how to sign up here. Examples of future courses include: Supporting Maths and English teaching using LGfL resources, Online Safety training, Creative Computing, Using LGfL to support Teaching Assistants as well as Google and Microsoft training, browse and book or share a link with colleagues
- Like and follow us on Social Media: Follow us on our social media channels Twitter and Facebook to keep up-to-date with the latest news, research highlights and benefit from a range of useful resources.
- Put this date in your diary: 25th April 2019-Our annual LGfL conference, We’d be delighted if you could join us at this year’s annual LGfL TRUSTnet CPD Conference, where we will be running a series of valuable sessions free to all staff details on how to book and the sessions available will be advertised soon.
- Read and subscribe to our Safeguarding blog: Our Safeguarding blog is updated weekly and offers regular information, commentary and updates relevant to safeguarding.
- Put this date in your diary: 11th March 2018 – LGfL DigiSafe conference – online and beyond. A free conference for DSLs and online safety leads, you can find more information and how to book here
- Make sure you have your USO: Make sure you and students have access to all of LGfL content at school and home by having your USO and password. We have made improvements to the security of USO password so that they comply with the Data Protection Act of 2018 (DPA 2018) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), just go to password.lgfl.net to find out more.
- Make sure you are up to date on our latest services: Over the last year we have been working closely with schools and education leaders to build a new generation of cloud based digital services that provide fantastic value, keep children safe and support innovation in schools. As a result of this collaboration we are delighted to announce a positive and fundamental refresh of the LGfL subscription. For schools the changes mean that a number of new market leading products are now available at no additional cost and form part of the LGfL subscription find out more here.
Whatever resolutions you have made we wish you a very happy new year and an exciting 2019! If you like our #LGfLresolutions– why not share them on Twitter or Facebook?